Salalah, Dhofar Climate & Temperature
- Salalah, Dhofar, Oman is at 17°2'N, 54°6'E, 23 m (75 ft). See map.
- Salalah, Dhofar has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Salalah, Dhofar is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The average annual temperature is 26 degrees Celsius (78.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6.1 °C (11°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 131 mm (5.2 inches) which is equivalent to 131 Litres/m² (3.21 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Salalah, Dhofar you would come out nearest to the climate station at Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Salalah, Dhofar, Oman Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Ras Al Kahimah, United Arab Emirates - 971.9 kms (603.9 miles) N
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates - 933.3 kms (580 miles) N
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 921.3 kms (572.5 miles) N
- Majis, Oman - 866.7 kms (538.6 miles) NNE
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 823.6 kms (511.8 miles) N
- Abu Dhabi/ Bateen Ap, United Arab Emirates - 822.5 kms (511.1 miles) N
- Muscat , Oman - 849.6 kms (528 miles) NNE
- Saiq, Oman - 765.8 kms (475.9 miles) NNE
- Sur, Oman - 830.3 kms (516 miles) NE
- Masirah, Oman - 645.2 kms (400.9 miles) NE