Salalah, Dhofar Climate & Temperature
- Salalah, Dhofar, Oman is at 17°2'N, 54°6'E, 23 m (75 ft). See map.
- Salalah, Dhofar has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Salalah, Dhofar is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 26 degrees Celsius (78.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6.1 °C (11°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 131 mm (5.2 inches) which is equivalent to 131 Litres/m² (3.21 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Salalah, Dhofar you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Salalah, Dhofar Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Salalah, Dhofar Climate Graph in Metric Units
Salalah, Dhofar Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Salalah, Dhofar, Oman Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Ras Al Kahimah, United Arab Emirates - 971.9 kms (603.9 miles) N
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates - 933.3 kms (580 miles) N
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 921.3 kms (572.5 miles) N
- Majis, Oman - 866.7 kms (538.6 miles) NNE
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 823.6 kms (511.8 miles) N
- Abu Dhabi/ Bateen Ap, United Arab Emirates - 822.5 kms (511.1 miles) N
- Muscat , Oman - 849.6 kms (528 miles) NNE
- Saiq, Oman - 765.8 kms (475.9 miles) NNE
- Sur, Oman - 830.3 kms (516 miles) NE
- Masirah, Oman - 645.2 kms (400.9 miles) NE